Friday, January 24, 2014

Week 1 Jan 21- Jan 24

Good Afternoon,

Monday- Off/ MLK Day

Tuesday- Snow Day

Wednesday-
Today was my first day of my student teacher internship. I was able to get a feel for where the classes are at in their lessons as they prepare to end the semester tomorrow. Friday will start new classes so only a few of the courses that I will be teaching was I able to fully observe.

Thursday-
Class observations have continued today. I am working on continuing planning for classes once I take them over. Through observations I have seen classroom management issues that I will need to continue to address when teaching.

Friday- 
Taught my landscaping class today. It went okay but I should have made my powerpoint include all of the elements of design. So for Monday I intend on changing my plans to finish the entire section.



Plan for Week 2

Monday- Landscape- Lesson 2, What elements create movement in the design?
                            1) Students will learn content from examples provided in powerpoint, as they complete guided notes.
                            2) Students will practice and learn terms through e-moment story telling.
                            Extra- Pass out rubric and explain Dream House Project

               AFNR-  4.2.1.
                            1) Students will be introduced to what soils is through Interest Approach of soil in a mason jar example of soil separation, obtained from the Georgia Ag Ed site.
                            2) Power Point/ Guided Notes
                            3) students will examine and determine what the different components of soil look like.

Tuesday- Landscape- Lesson 4, How do you draw landscapes?
                          1) Discuss local home values and sizes.
                          2) Determine area of shapes, complete worksheet
                          3) Measuring to scale, how to use landscape stencils
                          4) Review Rubric & Begin landscape designs

               AFNR- 4.2.1
                           1) lab assignment

Wednesday- Landscape- How do you determine plant needs?
                         1) Reviewing Seed packets & info provided
                         2) Review Vocab
                         3) Monocot & Dicot activity
                         4) Creating Plant Key for design

                AFNR- 4.2.2
                         1) Work in partners to complete activity 4.2.2 work sheet

Thursday-  Landscape- What is hardscaping?
                         1) What is hardscaping?, What considerations need to be taken?
                         2) Creative idea activity/ Presentation
                         3) Work on design

                AFNR- 4.2.3
                         1) Powerpoint
                         2) lab activity- profiling soil

Friday- Landscape- What are different plant forms?
                         1) PPT on from of trees & leaves
                         2) Form Design Activity
                         3) Work on design

                 AFNR- "mini- unit" quiz & 4.3.1
                         1) Check for understanding
                         2) Careers/ Education relating to Soils
                         3) Power Point for 4.3.1




2 comments:

  1. Hi Kate! It sounds like your first week started out well! The first few weeks allow you to get acclimated to the school, the schedule, and allow for observation of students. I would love to hear more about your landscaping lesson! You mentioned making some changes. Make sure your reflect more on the 'why' and 'how'. Looks like you have a full week planned for the upcoming week! I wish you the best of luck! Please feel free to contact me if you need any assistance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate,

    Hope week 2 goes well to reflect deeply into not only what works, but also what does not work as well as you would like

    If you need help getting stated, here are some prompts:
    1. How well did I do today?
    2. Did I have definite, concrete objectives for my students/learners?
    3. Did I aim at the students/learners learning to do, or simply learning about agriculture?
    4. Did I teach students/learners or subjects?
    5. Did I keep all students/learners productively employed during each period while they were under my supervision?
    6. Was the teaching and learning related to the actual experience of students/learners and to real situations?
    7. Did I ask leading questions and stimulate thought and discussion, or did I tell?
    8. Did I stimulate curiosity and desire to solve problems?
    9. Did I have my lessons planned? Did I follow my plan?
    10. Did I lead the students/learners to summarize what they accomplished today?
    11. Did I evaluate and test that which I did today? Did I measure student/learners accomplishment?
    12. How do I feel about what occurred in my classroom today?
    13. What would my students/learners say to their parents about what happened in my classroom today?

    ReplyDelete