Sunday, April 27, 2014

Mid- Winter Convention Review

Attending Mid-Winter Convention in the shoes of a advisor rather than student was a different experience. Only having attended the convention once I did not recall some of the things that occurred. This was a really great experience to be refreshed and updated on new opportunities available for students.

I enjoyed listening to the state star announcements that described their SAE programs. I was surprised by some of them as I never thought to utilize things that I already had in a record book. This also provided good examples for some of the books that I am less familiar with. I am always to appreciative of the opportunities that students have for recognition. As an advisor I will encourage students to take advantage of the chapter jacket program as well as maintain superior books to be recognize as a region and state star.

CV FFA Jacket Recipients!


As an FFA Advisor, if I brought students to attend the mid-winter convention I would definatly have things for them to do during the day before the convention starts. First off, Farm Show is an excellent opportunity to showcase Pennsylvania agriculture. Giving them a scavenger hunt is a good way for them to visit the entire complex and have enough to keep them busy.

CV FFA Members - front row received their Keystone Degrees!


No comments:

Post a Comment