Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Week 11

Good Afternoon,

Monday

Leadership- Prep for speeches.
Animal Science- In Animal Science we laid out reproduction tracts of a female cow, pig and sheep. The students were able to compare the tracts as well as cut them apart to see the insides. It was really neat to find the fetal pigs about the size of a half dollar. In changes to the CASE curriculum, I would have presented the information more in-depth before looking at the real examples. 
Landscape- We worked in the greenhouse today to plant plugs and organize. 
SAE- Students worked on preparing for the upcoming events focusing on banquet.

Tuesday

Leadership- Before the students started presenting speeches we reviewed good characteristics of a speech. I had kept high expectations for these speeches but was very disappointed with the results. I ultimately think it goes back to the mentality of the class because I don't feel it was anything less than what I presented as an example. 
Animal Science- In Animal Science we took notes and reviewed questions and additional images from the day before. I was glad I reviewed and prompted many questions from students to make sure they understood the lab activity.
Landscape- In landscape we started making our round arrangements in order to practice before making the centerpieces for a banquet.  To make sure I was clear about my instructions I posed lots of questions as students were working and also talked to students individually. I broke my instructions into clear steps that students completed as a whole, this worked out very well for clarity and keeping students on track. As I worked with students individually I felt I was better able to help them in areas they were weaker in.

Wednesday

Leadership- I was pleased today with how the students asked and presented questions to make the speakers think and clarify. Some speeches were pretty good but the overall quality is poor. I'm very unsure of how to improve this. I am also concerned that I will have a student who refuses to present their speech. I have simply reminded any students that tomorrow is the final presentation day.
Animal Science- I found a really good AI video today that explained and demonstrated the process of AI. I as able to ad-lip and provide additional details to better inform the students. 
Landscape- Today we worked on the second half of our round arrangements. I am very impressed with how the arrangements are turning out.

Thursday

Leadership- I met and discussed with the Principle today to let them know how I had a few students who seemed as if they would not present a speech, she assured me that I should just simply put a zero in for a grade if they did not do the assignment. I asked the student who I though wasn't prepared before class if she was and she said no. In order to not draw any additional attention to her, I did not call her name when asking for my final presenters. After class she came and talked to me and we made arrangements for her to give her speech the next day. Also to keep the attention of the students since this was the third day of speeches, I gave them white boards to write down questions they had of the presenters. This turned out to be a great idea and kept students focused. 
Animal Science- In Animal Science I presented the students with an Inquiry Based opportunity to model the female bovine reproductive system using balloons, life savors and rubber bands. This worked out well but I felt as if it took a lot of coaching. I feel my students struggle to think differently and more in depth because they are usually not asked to.
Landscape- In landscape we started making round arrangements for the Eagle Foundation Banquet. I laid instructions out to the students just as I did previously and it worked well. This time they were very cautious to prevent previous mistakes. It seemed to serve as a good learning opportunity to better understand how to create the arrangements. 
SAE- In SAE students worked on the banquet script and brainstormed ideas to make the event better.

Friday-
Leadership-Friday was a work day for A-Day and Banquet prep. Students reviewed flyers and press releases that they generated to send out and be utilized for advertisements. I am glad they are able to see use out of their hard work in the classroom.

Animal Science- In Animal Science I gave the students a debate to work on with a scenario. This was a really good way to see what we needed to clarify as the students prepared their facts. I was very disappointed in what the one team produced and will give them additional time to find more facts and represent next week.
Landscape-We finalized the round arrangements. They looked really nice for the banquet.
SAE- Students began working on the scrap book and their individual assignments for Hunger Banquet.


Plan for Week 8

Monday- Leadership- Work Day- ADay

                Animal Science- 6.1.3

                Landscape- T- Arrangements

                SAE- Vendor Letters- A-Day, Maple Syrup Proposal

Tuesday- Leadership- Job Profiling/ Job Announcements

                 Animal Science- 6.1.2. Artificial Insemination

                 Landscape- How do you make Coursages?

               SAE- Press Release Review, Maple Syrup Proposal research


Wednesday- Leadership- Resume Writing

                      Animal Science- 6.1.3

                     Landscape- How do you transplant plants?/Transplanting Strawberries

                    SAE- Hunger Banquet Planning/ Invitations


Thursday-  Leadership- Resume Writing/ Cover letters

                   Animal Science- 6.2.1

                  Landscape- Greenhouse Assignments

                   SAE- SAE Implementation 



Friday-
            Leadership- Cover Letters

           Animal Science- 6.2.2

           Landscape- Cleaning up landscape

            SAE- SAE Implementation 

No comments:

Post a Comment